Comic Book Fury was in person for Dragon Con and Gary Cooke and I give you the full scoop of Day 1:
- We first learn how to park a car in Atlanta
- We then talk in great length about the DC Animated universe panel. No big announcements to come out of it, but it was great to have fans interact and talk about the greatness that was this awesome animated continuity that touched the comic fans’ hearts for 15 years.
- Podcasting is not comic-related, but for those looking to get your own podcasting gigs going, this could provide you some insight.
- Modern Mythmakers explores the cycle of the hero/heroine with Cable, Jean Grey, and Buffy as the focal points of the panelists’ discussions. I always have to tip my hat to professors and lecturers that use comic book material as subject matter for their books and thesis.
- Because no one asked us to talk about it, we talked a bit about DCW wrestling and “Captain Obvious”.
- And lastly, Gary gets “acquainted” with the Dragon Con staff and their handling of the lines for the Dr. Horrible live musical.
Days 2 and 3 are still to come. Stay tuned!
Music provided by Jordan Martyn – Nothing’s Wrong
Green Lantern Corps #47 was so close to being the pick this week, but I had to give it to the latest chapter in Second Coming for raising the stakes in the war for mutantkind. Good pacing, good art, violent content as one would expect from a X-Force book, and a pivotal death that the X-writers can play off of in the remaining chapters. One can only hope this pace continues properly what with 9 more chapters to go, but I’m enjoying the ride while I’m still at a high point.