And so Gary and I hit the end of our journey in the land known as Atlanta, as Dragon Con 2011 came to an end on Day 3. The fatigue settled in, but there was enough in the tank to discuss Aspen Comics (or what little there was of it), us missing out on Stan Lee, Warehouse 13, down and dirty internet marketing (don’t read into that too much), and the ultimate battle of Buffy versus Dark Angel.
Thanks again, Dragon Con, for putting on another stellar showing!
Time for our showdown with Day 2 of Dragon Con! Gary and I this time tackle web series, superheroes on the small screen, geeking out with Felicia Day, and just plain surviving 100 degree Atlanta weather.
Day 3 coming up soon!
Comic Book Fury was in person for Dragon Con and Gary Cooke and I give you the full scoop of Day 1:
- We first learn how to park a car in Atlanta
- We then talk in great length about the DC Animated universe panel. No big announcements to come out of it, but it was great to have fans interact and talk about the greatness that was this awesome animated continuity that touched the comic fans’ hearts for 15 years.
- Podcasting is not comic-related, but for those looking to get your own podcasting gigs going, this could provide you some insight.
- Modern Mythmakers explores the cycle of the hero/heroine with Cable, Jean Grey, and Buffy as the focal points of the panelists’ discussions. I always have to tip my hat to professors and lecturers that use comic book material as subject matter for their books and thesis.
- Because no one asked us to talk about it, we talked a bit about DCW wrestling and “Captain Obvious”.
- And lastly, Gary gets “acquainted” with the Dragon Con staff and their handling of the lines for the Dr. Horrible live musical.
Days 2 and 3 are still to come. Stay tuned!
Music provided by Jordan Martyn – Nothing’s Wrong